News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal PCB Thermionic Distortion

Started by sonnyboy27, August 30, 2017, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyboy27

Just finished up the the Pedal PCB Thermionic Distortion (Friedman BE-OD). Super easy to build (first time with 1/8W resistors) and I love the top mounted jacks. It sounds absolutely immense. I have the internal trimmer all the way down because it was too much gain for the guitars I had running through it. I initially got some weird high pitched feedback that was kind of annoying, but that was when I was using TL072s. I switched it over to NE5532 like the build doc calls for and it went away.

Pardon my Kurt Vonnegut reference ;)

tcpoint

Nice clean build.  Mine worked fine with TL072s.  I still might swap them out.  What did you use for the lettering?

sonnyboy27

Mine worked too. It just had an annoying high pitched pulse and that was only noticeable as you really cranked the gain. I probably have faulty chips though. They're from Tayda so they're somewhat suspect.

For the lettering I used a gold sharpie in the hands of my wife (she even did it with all the knobs on). She does a lot of hand-lettering, graphic design, owns an apparel shop, etc. So I asked her to letter it for me. I did the lines around the LED (hence they're a bit sloppy). But a simple gold sharpie seems to be holding up pretty well.