News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Choral Reef

Started by BrianS, August 18, 2017, 06:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Sounds fantastic and really easy build. Used one of the PPP sparkle boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bret608

Looks awesome! Nice to see a chorus in some color besides blue (even though I'd probably go with some shade of blue anyway). One question--how did you get those sockets in that four-pin configuration for your MN3008? Did you cut down a bigger one somehow? I had a similar thought, hence my asking.

WormBoy

A thing of beauty, both outside and inside.

Quote from: Bret608 on August 18, 2017, 06:54:59 AM
One question--how did you get those sockets in that four-pin configuration for your MN3008? Did you cut down a bigger one somehow? I had a similar thought, hence my asking.

Looks like four pieces of 1x2 in-line socket ... smart ...

somnif

Looks awesome! Nice to see a chorus in some color besides blue (even though I'd probably go with some shade of blue anyway). One question--how did you get those sockets in that four-pin configuration for your MN3008? Did you cut down a bigger one somehow? I had a similar thought, hence my asking.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/connectors-sockets/sockets/sip-sockets/30-pin-dip-sip-ic-sockets-adaptor-solder-type.html 40 pins, easy to clip down to length as needed, though I always seem to end up with an odd number, so I have a bunch of little 1 and 2 pin left-overs floating around.

BrianS

One question--how did you get those sockets in that four-pin configuration for your MN3008? Did you cut down a bigger one somehow? I had a similar thought, hence my asking.

That is something I was going to comment on and forgot.  There's not any wiggle room socketing those ICs. I put the 4047 socket in first and the 3008 socket wouldn't fit.  Tried getting 2 pieces of the strip socket in and they wouldn't stand straight against the other socket.  I ended up just using the bare socket pins on the 4 against the 4047 socket  :o and 2 pieces of strip socket on the outside.  I would put both sockets in at the same time and get them to fit (don't know why I didn't do that) before soldering. Brian's build doc picture has both in and those are the same sockets I used, I believe.

chordball

Excellent job! I'm looking forward to building mine.

stringsthings

Nice build!

I'm looking forward to doing some VFE builds.  It will give me an excuse to buy some cute, little 1/8W resistors.
And now, back to work on the backlog ... grrr ...
All You Need Is Love

lego4040

Awesome build man, the color and decal are great. Did you use a pre drilled box from PPP

BrianS

Thanks. I drilled it myself.