News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DODsplosion

Started by icecycle66, August 18, 2017, 08:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

I've been out of the forum for a while dealing with real life (stupid real life) but I'm gonna try to get back into the hobby again.

Here's a collection I've started lately. 
I'm not going for all the DOD pedals, but more like all the "weird" DOD pedals that were released in the 80s and 90s.
Keep an eye out on my Youtube channel, as I'll be demoing all these through some fat bass in the coming weeks.

I'm missing some like the Edge, Metal X, and Fat Pig, but I'm not too concerned with those (although I do want to get them eventually. They are usually way too overpriced because of their mojo.  Their aweful, aweful mojo.)
The one that I don't have and want is the Deep Freeze. 
There is one that keeps showing up on ebay for like $150.  Funk dat.
Keep your eyes open for a DOD Deep Freeze for less than $100 for me please.

Otherwise, here's some share.

stringsthings

Most excellent collection!
All You Need Is Love

HamSandwich

Sorta surprised at the overall complexity. Seems like the fuzzes have as much going on as the delays.

Good show though!

Zigcat

Oh man. I always wanted all of the DOD pedals. I remember seeing the ads back in the early nineties.

icecycle66

Quote from: Zigcat on August 18, 2017, 10:39:47 PM
Oh man. I always wanted all of the DOD pedals. I remember seeing the ads back in the early nineties.

Me too man. 
The I remember reading the descriptions in AMS or Musicians Friend and thinking "That sounds so cool, But I can't blow all my grass cutting money on something this silly without hearing it first."

Zigcat

I picked up the icebox, flanger, analog delay, and a couple others back when they were $20 at Mitt Romney Center.

I always thought the Pig Distortion looked alluring, being a Musicians Friend exclusive, but they don't sound too good.

devilsnight

I agree with hamsandwich! I have a few of these from back in the day I've dissected for parts and can't figure out why there are so many components in them. I feel like I could make 3 entire fuzz pedals just by using the components out of one DOD fuzz.

stringsthings

I think 1/2 of the components are for in/out switching.
All You Need Is Love

thesmokingman

the milkbox is a solid VCA comp ... the vibrothang is pretty sweet as well ... I'm on the fence with the fx96 ... can't believe nobody is cloning the buzz box. when it comes to the ice box, keep an eye on pawn shops as well as cl and ebay.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

drezdn

I heart the Gonkulator.

flanagan0718

Adam_DIY

Quote from: flanagan0718 on August 21, 2017, 06:31:11 AM
Quote from: drezdn on August 21, 2017, 05:05:56 AM
I heart the Gonkulator.

I WANT a Gonkulator!!

Me too I've lusted after a gonkulator for years.  Ace from Skunk Anansie has used one to great effect. 

somnif

There is an etch-able gonkulator PCB image out in the wild, though apparently its got noise issues. The layout also confuses me a bit as its got some floating pads I can't quite comprehend...

But whatever, play with the info as you please: http://topopiccione.atspace.com/PJ23DODGonkMod.html

tcpoint

Not quite as cool as some of the pedals in your collection.  These are just gathering dust in my basement.  The Hard Rock Distortion doesn't have the battery cover (surprise surprise).  I'll donate them to your collection if you cover postage.

icecycle66

I've always been interested in playing with that delay knob on the hard rock distortion.
That's not something you see very often.