News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grind Customs LFO Board

Started by BrianS, August 26, 2017, 07:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

I got this board in trade to put in a Sagan delay and its the old version, i.e., LFO not PLFO.  So the 3 pads (Sqr, blank, Sin) are missing on the board and I already drilled the hole to use a switch to control this function.  First, does anyone have a build doc for the LFO version?  Second I am thinking I can jump wires connecting the points to make this work as follows:
SQR -  R3 leg to IC pin 3 and to switch.
Blank pad -  IC pin 5 to switch
SIN -  R5 to R4 to switch
Does this look right or is it a complete no go and of course this is assuming that the old board is traced like the new one?  I really need some more experienced eyes than mine to tell me if this is going to work. 

Soup39

Aren't the pads between the rate & depth pots for the switch?  They are labeled sqr/blank/sin.

Philthy

BrianS

Quote from: Soup39 on August 27, 2017, 04:53:48 AM
Aren't the pads between the rate & depth pots for the switch?  They are labeled sqr/blank/sin.

Yes they are but I don't have that board.
Quote from: Philthy on August 27, 2017, 04:34:34 PM
see here - should answer your questions: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=25400.0

Thanks for the try but it's the build doc for the PLFO.

chordball

If the old board doesn't have pads for the switch, then you will need to make some trace cuts and find a way to tap those places you've identified. Can you post a picture of your LFO board?

gordo

Geez Brian, didn't realize there was more than one version.  Sorry about that.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

selfdestroyer

Take a picture of the actual PCB you have. It will help.

BrianS

Quote from: gordo on August 28, 2017, 10:13:12 AM
Geez Brian, didn't realize there was more than one version.  Sorry about that.

It's ok Grody.  I think I have it figured out.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 28, 2017, 06:19:35 PM
Take a picture of the actual PCB you have. It will help.

JuanSolo sent me the schematic this morning and Mike Flanagan gave me the info to cut and wire it to work like the PLFO.  Just hope it's works.  Wish Rej would open back up.  Thanks for helping.

BrianS

Quote from: chordball on August 28, 2017, 07:17:58 AM
If the old board doesn't have pads for the switch, then you will need to make some trace cuts and find a way to tap those places you've identified. Can you post a picture of your LFO board?

Sorry I wasn't ignoring your post LOL.  Thanks for the suggestion.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: BrianS on August 28, 2017, 06:37:35 PM
JuanSolo sent me the schematic this morning and Mike Flanagan gave me the info to cut and wire it to work like the PLFO.  Just hope it's works.  Wish Rej would open back up.  Thanks for helping.

Glad you got it sorted.

The LFO board was an old one no longer sold by GCFX and was replaced with the PLFO PCB. I'm glad that JuanSolo had the schematic since I was having no luck locating it. The shop currently has plenty of the PLFO boards in stock and orders are being fulfilled from the GCFX shop currently.

BrianS

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 28, 2017, 06:49:56 PM
Quote from: BrianS on August 28, 2017, 06:37:35 PM

Glad you got it sorted.

The LFO board was an old one no longer sold by GCFX and was replaced with the PLFO PCB. I'm glad that JuanSolo had the schematic since I was having no luck locating it. The shop currently has plenty of the PLFO boards in stock and orders are being fulfilled from the GCFX shop currently.

Wow that's great.  I was unaware that orders were being processed again.  I still thought things were sort of shutoff for the time being.  Buying one would have saved me a lot of frustration lol.  If this one doesn't work I will order one.  Thanks For the info Cody.

chordball

Quote from: BrianS on August 28, 2017, 06:44:57 PM
Quote from: chordball on August 28, 2017, 07:17:58 AM

Sorry I wasn't ignoring your post LOL.  Thanks for the suggestion.

No worries man. I figured someone out there had the doc for it. Glad it's sorted.