News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serenity Now

Started by pickdropper, August 26, 2017, 11:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I did a build report for one of these a long time ago, but it was configured slightly different (and the pics kicked the Photobucket) so I decided to post this one.

It's a Zen drive mini for a local friend/customer.  He needs the jacks inverted from how I normally do them, so it was safer to run the wires above the board instead of below like I normally do.  Not as clean, but should be reliable, which is the most important part.

The good news is that outside turned out very clean and I'm pleased with it.  My previous version had two knobs on top and two on the side for aesthetic reasons, but this is much more practical for a gig situation and still looks decent.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Andlord

Insane 1590a skills! Top shelf!

stringsthings

Very impressive! 

Is that engraved or etched?  ( i'm guessing engraved )
All You Need Is Love

pickdropper

Quote from: stringsthings on August 26, 2017, 09:24:32 PM
Very impressive! 

Is that engraved or etched?  ( i'm guessing engraved )

It's laser etched.
Function f(x)

mjg

selfdestroyer

Always love seeing your builds. They are so clean and precise and this one is no exception.

Great job!

Cody

BrianS

As always a nice, clean, superb 1590a build which makes tons of people jealous to the nth degree because they can't build one with just one pot LOL.  You rule on these things.

storyboardist

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 28, 2017, 06:42:40 PM
Always love seeing your builds. They are so clean and precise and this one is no exception.

Great job!

Cody

+1 Super clean, nothing wasted. Awesome build!
Guy behind Effects Layouts

287m

seriously, if see pickdropper 1590A build report, (almost) always make me give up soldering and drilling. Hahaha
but, big thanks for pickdropper, make me learn hard way to make 1590A layout. Thanks for inspiration man!

culturejam

I'm *almost* tired of seeing these kinds of builds from Dave, but they're so good that it really never gets old!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Thanks guys.

As far as drilling, I'm just using a $59 cheapo Craftsman that I borrowed from a friend (I stopped doing it on the Bridgeport mill).

I *highly* recommend the Hougen RotaCut Sheet Metal cutters.  They aren't exactly cheap, but they last a long time and cut very clean:

http://www.hougen.com/cutters/sheet-metal-hole-cutters/Rotacut-sheet-metal-hole-cutters.html
Function f(x)

cajone5

fredwreck

Did you laser etch it yourself? Or take it somewhere?

Ive been curious about buying my own laser etcher but not sure if theres anything cheap that does the job that anyone can recommend.

NIce work

pickdropper

Quote from: fredwreck on August 29, 2017, 09:33:11 PM
Did you laser etch it yourself? Or take it somewhere?

Ive been curious about buying my own laser etcher but not sure if theres anything cheap that does the job that anyone can recommend.

NIce work

I do it myself on an Epilog engraver, which is a fairly pricey machine.  There's a thread here about a cheaper Chinese laser engraver but I don't have any experience with those.
Function f(x)

bsoncini

Sweet looking build.

I feel like there should be some sort of sister pedal with this called "Insanity later". Maybe some sort of octave pedal