News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BYOC reverb issue

Started by lego4040, August 31, 2017, 02:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

Ok, here's another one I'm trying to troubleshoot. I have only clean sound coming through wether Ingaged or not. Using a sound probe I can trace reverb sound all the way to lug on level(reverb) pot where arrow is. If I go from lug 2 to base of transistor I only get clean sound. Pots seem to be working as well when turned

WormBoy

I would say that the base of the transistor cannot have clean sound, as it is only attached to the output of the brick. The emitter will have clean sound (mixed with reverb, if the transistor is working properly). Are you sure the transistor is oriented properly?

Oh, and if you have reverb at the arrow, you should also have it at R19, R20 and C14 ... at least with the reverb pot not completely to ground.

lego4040

The pedal worked fine for years, I'm wondering if the tranny failed. I have reverb coming out of brick, out of tone pot and going into the reverb(level) but leg two(out) off pot has no reverb only clean.

WormBoy

Also if the reverb pot is set the max reverb? The reverb sound cannot just disappear ... if there is clean sound at at the reverb pot, that does indicate to me that the tranny has failed. However, that does not sound like a very common scenario to me (note: I am a hobbyist and not and electronics engineer). If you socketed it, it would be easy to try a new one, though.