News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aural Aggrandizer

Started by Luke51411, August 31, 2017, 03:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Continuing my theme of dual builds. So the idea for this was a beginning or possibly end of the chain box. So it's the bloviator and afterlife compressor (my favorite compressor, I've built 2 or 3) Again used alcohol inks. I need to change the knobs on the right side for green knobs at some point but I don't have any green knurled knobs at the moment. The status LED is an RGB led that only uses the GB portions. blue for the blue side, green for the green side. Nice sounding box for clean tones or to juice or shape an overdrive!!! I went with the offset knobs because I thought it looked unique and it happened to be utilitarian as I had already built the bloviator using a daughterboard I made from perf so the pots were locked at the top of the board.

gordo

That looks so cool.  Is the rippling effect in the color or in the clearcoat?  If it's the color it looks very real. If it's real, how did you do it?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Luke51411

I cover the alcohol ink with a coat of decoupage which gives it texture. Then i clearcoat. It protects the ink from running when the clearcoat is sprayed plus gives it a cool texture

Leevibe

That's a smart combo. Nice job!

Martan

Man, all of this recent string of enclosures are great! How long does it takes start-to-finish for the inks/clear coat?

Marty

Luke51411

Quote from: Martan on September 01, 2017, 03:41:04 AM
Man, all of this recent string of enclosures are great! How long does it takes start-to-finish for the inks/clear coat?

Marty
Thanks! Maybe a couple hours? The lettering takes the longest. I do a coat of the modpodge after the base of ink and put the lettering on top of that so that its clearer. The new ink activates the old ink if you don't do that and it blends together

Boba7

Wow that is beautiful! Great combo, and it looks stunning, I really like it!

For some reason I cant see what I suppose is the gutshot

Luke51411

Quote from: Boba7 on September 01, 2017, 03:56:03 AM
Wow that is beautiful! Great combo, and it looks stunning, I really like it!

For some reason I cant see what I suppose is the gutshot
Ah yeah looks like i posted the wrong link in there. I'll fix it later today.

Luke51411

midwayfair

matmosphere

The alcohol ink thing looks so cool.

Boba7

Quote from: Matmosphere on September 02, 2017, 06:59:35 PM
The alcohol ink thing looks so cool.

Totally agree, and that one is especially beautiful I think