News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ge Fuzz Face

Started by szec, September 01, 2017, 04:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szec

Hello everyone,
My first post here. Really dig this forum so decided to finally register. Without further ado this is a fuzz face I did recently for my friend. Sporting two AC125

zombie_rock123

Neat as hell, nicely done! Is it sporting a hidden inverter or are the transistors wired differently? Or do I completely not understand PNP even now?
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

szec

Thank you for your very kind words  ;D

No inverter. Regular positive ground pedal. Maybe the colour of wires fooled you since I used red for negative and black for positive... ::)

Bret608

Looks awesome! I like how you used those metal standoffs. It's not always easy to make a vero build look tidy and solid. The Tagboard layout I presume? Curious what you used for transistor gains, and what voltage you liked for the Q2 collector. I did a hybrid NPN build on that same basic layout (yet to be boxed, per my usual M.O.). Sounds huge.

I see what you did there on the wiring to allow a PNP setup to be used with a normal pedal power-type supply! The first time I saw that was on a D*A*M build--had me scratching my head for a few minutes for sure.

m-Kresol

Nice build and very tidy too. Welcome onboard!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

Martan

Welcome aboard! Great work. Its amazing to me how good a well tuned Fuzz with good transistors can sound.

Marty

mrclean77

Clean as a whistle! I like the fresnel and hex heads on the standoffs - echoing the above comment, stellar job making a vero build look neat.

szec

Oh my. Thank you all for a very kind words! This is my fourth build ever so I am quite chuffed you like it.

Quote from: Bret608 on September 01, 2017, 05:02:31 PM
The Tagboard layout I presume?
This is a slightly modified layout from IvIark posted on tagboardeffects. I added 3k9
resistor after 10k trimmer, so trimmer in the middle will give almost stock resistance value on Q2 collector
Quote from: Bret608 on September 01, 2017, 05:02:31 PM
Curious what you used for transistor gains, and what voltage you liked for the Q2 collector.
For Q1 I had gain at around 70 and for Q2 gain was 130 and 177 uA leakage. I liked Q2C at around 6-7V as far as I remember. The pedal is already with my friend and I had a limited time to play with it.
I see what you did there on the wiring to allow a PNP setup to be used with a normal pedal power-type supply!
Just need an isolated power supply, but now days it is quite common to have one. At least I do :)

oip

super nice!  love the axial caps, transistor colour codes and the standoffs.

i am neck deep in these things right now

gordo

Those hex heads on a bare enclosure and radio knobs makes for a tough as nails industrial look.  I like this a lot. Really nice work and welcome aboard.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?