News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bertrand is out to play

Started by madbean, September 06, 2017, 09:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Bertrand the bass is finally out of his case after many months. No reason to post this other than it's awesome. He's been with me since '99.

(sorry for the mess....my office is due for a top down cleaning)

jimilee

Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Awesome.

Is it named after Bertrand Russell?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

madbean

Quote from: pickdropper on September 06, 2017, 10:39:06 AM
Awesome.

Is it named after Bertrand Russell?

No. One day I just decided it looked like a Bertrand. It's helping me make demos for the next Radiophonic record which is exciting for me, at least.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: madbean on September 06, 2017, 01:36:01 PM
It's helping me make demos for the next Radiophonic record which is exciting for me, at least.

That's awesome!

What a beauty for sure.

Cody

matmosphere

I love hollow-body basses, they just ooze awesomeness.

Zigcat

alanp

Quote from: pickdropper on September 06, 2017, 10:39:06 AMIs it named after Bertrand Russell?

That's exactly what I was wondering.

Nice bass :) do you get feedback issues with hollowbody basses?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

madbean

Quote from: alanp on September 06, 2017, 06:28:21 PM
Nice bass :) do you get feedback issues with hollowbody basses?

None at all actually. But I also never used much OD or anything with it. When I was gigging as a bass player it was usually a Whammy pedal and delay so feedback never really was an issue at stage volume. This bass has a very cool sound...lots of mid-range punch that's perfect for the way I play.

lego4040

EBK

Quote from: madbean on September 07, 2017, 04:42:53 PM
When I was gigging as a bass player it was usually a Whammy pedal and delay
I tried a delay with bass for a brief time.  Worked ok with new strings and the mids dialed back.  Otherwise, I got too muddy or stepped on the toes of the other guitarists.  Could've been the bass, the amp, or the player.  :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

Quote from: EBK on September 07, 2017, 05:18:52 PM
I tried a delay with bass for a brief time.  Worked ok with new strings and the mids dialed back.  Otherwise, I got too muddy or stepped on the toes of the other guitarists.  Could've been the bass, the amp, or the player.  :P

We were a 3-piece at the time so there was lots of space to fill. I used my old Digitech PDS1000...no tap tempo! And the Whammy was usually set to de-tune mode. The best compliment I ever got as a bass player was someone said I was the "Tony Levin of Dallas", lol. Definitely not deserved but appreciated.