News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pher-Uh-Moan (Green Russian)

Started by mrclean77, September 11, 2017, 05:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrclean77

I posted this last week on IG with some turrible Sharpie art and incorrectly hash-tagged as a Ram's Head - it's a Green Russian and I was not digging my doodles. I've been wanting to put SOMEthing with Frazetta art on it and this one fit in with the control configuration as well as anything. It'll likely be a keeper and I plan on putting the tone knob up top for allow more room for art (and big feet stomping the switch). I'm not sure what will be more of a "final" version of art if I make more, but the whole innuendo with the BMP name has always made me think of the science behind folks' grooming preferences, which led to the Pher-Uh-Moan (pheromone) moniker. Again, I'm a fan of healthy ladies (a la "Frazetta women"), but would probably turn off fewer folks (and not have to deal with my 10yo daughter's disapproving looks) if I went more toward a bee-dance direction as opposed to finding curvy women.

I've resisted doing top jacks for a log time, but have steered away from 1590B boxes and think 1590BB/125B boxes can be slammed next to each other and still gimme room for stompage. My feet are likely on the larger end of the curve, so if I can get my shoe in there clean, I think the majority of others will be able to as well.

No idea why I wrote "PROTO" on there - it was kinda as a funny and I hope it doesn't come off as arrogant (I didn't have anything to do with the development of the Green Russian circuit, lol).

Don't poke hours-old Envirotex, even on the bottom left corner, to see if it has hardened yet. Just don't.  :-[ ::) :o ;D

This build is making me get some more values of the TDK caps - having the one yellow-ish Kemet in there and the orange and blue together just isn't cutting it. The more I looked at that stuff, the more the resistors starting catching my eye. No worries, Mouser has been providing relief for my condition.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Luke51411

That's a pretty pcb and super clean build! Nice work!

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

wgc

wow, seems like forever since I've seen frazetta art- I used to love conan comics when I was a kid.

Nice build, the staggered line at the bottom is interesting too.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

I love some green Russian, and dat art!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mrclean77

Quote from: wgc on September 11, 2017, 07:28:49 AM
wow, seems like forever since I've seen frazetta art- I used to love conan comics when I was a kid.

Thanks - I shot for a straight line, but staggered made routing MUCH easier while still making my eyes happy

wgc

I can totally relate to the layout game, nice solution. Your switch pcb is cool too.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

diablochris6

Very clean. It will sure garner some glances anywhere you go, but I probably would use it at a club and leave it at home for church!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

stringsthings

Quote from: wgc on September 11, 2017, 07:28:49 AM

I remember conan comics too!  That was some outstanding artwork.

The pedal is awesome.  I like the PCB layout.
All You Need Is Love

JC103

Did you use a 1590BB? Really cool layout and build, I dig it! Been thinking of get pcb designed in a similar fashion for a 1590XX sized box.

mrclean77

Yes, a 1590BB from Mammoth. I may change over to the medium-height ones as using 125B's as of late has spoiled me on clearance/heighth/etc - not sure when/why I swappdd from wanting all 1590B to 125B, but I'm glad I did.