News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dimension-C in a 1590B

Started by EBK, September 11, 2017, 08:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 19, 2019, 07:47:58 AM
Is that a painted enclosure or is it powder coated?

If it is painted, did you use an enamel based paint and then try to clear it with lacquer? That would explain those results.
Enclosure is Hammond-brand, powder coated.  Clear coat is Krylon Crystal Clear.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Update:
I've basically hit the rewind button:

Diagnosis: clear coat didn't adhere to too-smooth surface.  Scraped it all off with fingernails and a razor blade.  Decal lost in the process.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Adding this here for posterity (didn't want to leave a WIP thread incomplete).
The pedal is done.  Success!

I redid the decal, and the edges and corners were MUCH cleaner this time. 

dawson

WOW!  Another pristine build that shines like a mirror- I'm imagining your pedalboard resting on the finest of Persian rugs, in it's own room of your mansion, only to be operated by a special pair of white silk shoes!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

EBK

Quote from: dawson on January 13, 2020, 01:32:33 PM
WOW!  Another pristine build that shines like a mirror-
Thanks!  I wasn't quite expecting that level of praise. I'm most proud of simply completing one of my many long running open projects.  I was hoping to complete my Aquaboy Deluxe build, but that needs some serious debugging, so I put it down and picked this one back up instead.
I'm imagining your pedalboard resting on the finest of Persian rugs, in it's own room of your mansion, only to be operated by a special pair of white silk shoes!
You're pretty close, except it is a tiled floor in the basement of my row house, and my pedals are typically operated with ordinary white socks.  ;D

EBK

I'm not sure if I mentioned this elsewhere, but, thanks to a fruitful Google search, I managed to match the font for the switch and jack labels to the font used in the TV show.  Bernhard Modern.
https://fontsinuse.com/uses/11375/the-twilight-zone-episode-credits-and-title-c

EBK

I just realized I have one more thing to add to this thread:

I would have had to transpose it or retune my guitar to play it in my demo as I'm one fret short (not the lamest excuse for missing the opportunity, but it is probably close  ::)).

Source: https://www.guitarplayer.com/technique/play-it-right-the-theme-from-the-twilight-zone