News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tapanatorator combo!

Started by Luke51411, September 20, 2017, 06:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

So I had one of the long thin looper boxes and decided to put the tapanator and accompanying effects in it as I'd never built anything in one of those and it sort of screams for a combo. I'm not sure it's the most user friendly setup but I like. Lots of room in the box. For the trem and wah I made switchable so that I can have all three in a combo pedal with the ability to control an external effect, either/or type situation obviously. The only glitch with this setup is that if the trem isn't bypassed it will mute everything when the lfo is not connected to it as the led goes dark. Not a big deal. I had some trouble with the phaser though I think part of it was I didn't have the trimmer in the right position. I got it mostly working but the feedback control seems a bit off. Anyway, really cool effect! 8) guts are a bit chaotic but functional.

matmosphere

Very cool, I like those LED's you've been using. Nice placement on those.

Longer713

Crazy build, goo job! Do you possibly have spare set of these photocells? It's last thing I need to finish my builds, nearly finished PCBs are collecting dust since last winter lol ;)
Owner of LongAmp Poland

Luke51411

Quote from: Longer713 on September 21, 2017, 08:20:40 AM
Crazy build, goo job! Do you possibly have spare set of these photocells? It's last thing I need to finish my builds, nearly finished PCBs are collecting dust since last winter lol ;)
i have lots of photocells but not the particular ones called for. I bet the trem and wah are not too picky about ldrs. The phaser on the other hand has a very small range where it works correctly

flanagan0718

Clever use of a looper box. looks great! You're blasting through these builds before you take off huh?

Luke51411

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 21, 2017, 08:51:51 AM
Clever use of a looper box. looks great! You're blasting through these builds before you take off huh?
Pretty much. It helps that I haven't had much troubleshooting in my recent builds and a lot of them were already half finished. But yeah, doing a years worth of building in 3 months haha.