News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover

Started by juansolo, September 21, 2017, 07:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Electric Mistress clone on one of Bean's Current Lover PCBs.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Luke51411

Clean as ever! Nice work!

mrclean77

Another banger - love the Clegg-Tronix font  8)

pickdropper

That looks great.  Where did you get the knobs?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Excellent as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

👍👍👍👍. Very nice.

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on September 21, 2017, 08:26:05 AM
That looks great.  Where did you get the knobs?

They're Cliff 14.8mm, splined 6mm shaft push on, metal outside, plastic inner jobbies from CPC. Marvellous things. Ah they were to be our signature knobs for the stillborn pedal line (upping the perceived value from the usual cheapy mixer knobs we use). As such we've got a bag of 'em left from when I reverted the pedals to our more usual style (they're £1 each vs about 50p each of the mixer knobs... I'm cheap). They get used on odd things that suit it. When it goes together in the next few days, Jason's Scarab is getting a set also ;)

http://cpc.farnell.com/cliff-electronic-components/fc7230/knob-kmr15-blk-md-6mm-spl-18t/dp/SW05311

They do a big one also that we use for BIG OMAR

http://cpc.farnell.com/cliff-electronic-components/fc7234/knob-kmr35-blk-md-6mm-spl-18t/dp/SW05314

Worship it!

flanagan0718

Great Job! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had to tweak one of the jack arms to get everything to fit haha. Awesome inside and out, as always.

storyboardist

Fantastic as always! Especially with the nicer knobs  ;)
Guy behind Effects Layouts

juansolo

Things of note. This thing sounds WAY better running from a 12v PSU. Where on 9v it's not very tolerant of humbuckers and is prone to distortion, that all goes away. However, it REALLY doesn't like having a charge pump in there to do it. So you have to go with a real external PSU and re-bias it for it. Totally worth it though, it's the best I've heard one of these sound.

Luke51411

Quote from: juansolo on September 22, 2017, 04:22:40 AM
Things of note. This thing sounds WAY better running from a 12v PSU. Where on 9v it's not very tolerant of humbuckers and is prone to distortion, that all goes away. However, it REALLY doesn't like having a charge pump in there to do it. So you have to go with a real external PSU and re-bias it for it. Totally worth it though, it's the best I've heard one of these sound.
Ooh good info. I just built one, ill have to try it

Adam_DIY

I've got one of these ready to box up too just waiting on the enclosure turning up.  Can this run stock with a 12 volt power supply or do I have to change anything?  All my caps are rated higher than that.

culturejam

Yet another super-clean build.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

Quote from: Adam_MD on September 22, 2017, 07:43:42 AM
I've got one of these ready to box up too just waiting on the enclosure turning up.  Can this run stock with a 12 volt power supply or do I have to change anything?  All my caps are rated higher than that.

If your caps are up to it, you should have no probs. The BBD is designed to run at a 15v (a minimum of 10v ideally). Which is what we would have run it at had the charge pump worked. Originals ran at either 12v or 15v with a transformer on board IIRC.

JC103

Quote from: juansolo on September 22, 2017, 04:22:40 AM

I totally agree. I have two of the previous versions built with the 3007 and biased for 12v operation. Very authentic sounding. I'm curious to get one of the new ones set up for 12v. I demoed a friends a couple months ago at 9v and it was uninspiring.

Nice build, I dig the classic look!