News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bypass Level on Aions BlueShift

Started by BrianS, September 22, 2017, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Can someone who has built one of these tell me how loud your bypass signal is?   When I first put mine together I got no bypass at all but the effect worked.  After reviewing the updated build doc I had some wires in the wrong place and fixed that.  Now I have bypass but it's very faint.  I wired this for traditional bypass.  Almost everything I've build in the past month has a problem and it's really getting frustrating.  I'm sure this isn't how it's suppose to sound and as usual something is jacked.

EBK

Mine will be traditional bypass as well when I finish wiring it.  Hopefully, I'll find enough time this weekend for that, and I'll report back.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Reporting back.
Bypass on mine is nearly the same level as the effect, only ever-so-slightly less. 

Did you remember to jumper pads D-E and G-H and ground pad B?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

BrianS

Yeah. I have a ground problem somewhere.  If I put my thumb over the bottom of the board around the opto device it comes up to unity.  I'm in the middle of restoring a 50 year old Delta Jointer so my focus has dropped off of pedals for the time being.  Thanks for answering back though.