News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I'm an addict

Started by shawnee, September 04, 2011, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Cool!  I love hearing stories like that.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Seriously. You're gonna make me get emotional about this story! You are lucky to have a good bond with your dad.  :)

raulduke

Yeah that is a real good story about you and your Dad.

Sharing a hobby with your old man must be mega cool.

My Dad can't play guitar; he literally forced me to learn when I was young as he wished he had learnt when he was younger.

He loves looking at my guitars and hearing me play though, he used to love going to guitar shops with me as well.

I tell him he is not too old to learn but I think he thinks he missed his chance  :'(

shawnee

Wow, thanks guys. I didn't expect the responses. I have a 17 year old who plays guitar now and my dad bought him an amp kit for them to build together. My son soldered every wire and turned every screw while my dad walked him though it. He also gave him a Les paul special last year when he knew the he was "hooked" on guitar. He gave me his main guitar and amp years ago (original fender 57 tweed deluxe and a 69 gibson 335) because he switched to telecasters and "needed to make room". He bought me a Martin acoustic out of the blue two years ago as well. He's retired now but he has played nursing homes a couple of days a week for years. He lifts weights 3 days a week and still uses his brain (he had a patent granted just a couple of years ago). He's amazing!

raulduke

Your dad is the dude by the sound of it mate!

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's so cool that your father is trying to be involved. My dad nearly glimpses but has no idea what I'm doing! Plus your son is getting a nice early start with a helping hand, the best way.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals