News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bad Medicine

Started by juansolo, September 27, 2017, 07:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

A Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe clone built on Jason's Bad Medicine PCB. A really rather good little fuzz that can do some quite different things.

A bit of recycling going on here, so it's an old enclosure (re-decalled), bottom end wiring and knobs with a new effect in it. We don't like to throw things away ;)

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wgc

its a vision-  love the decal.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Bret608

For some reason I had this circuit on my mind recently...probably a product of my deep-ish dive down the MkIII/IV rabbit hole. Are these PCBs going to be in the Grind store like Jason's others are?

That lady looks dangerous! Impressive as always...

storyboardist

Waste not. Good looking build!
Guy behind Effects Layouts

juansolo

Quote from: Bret608 on September 27, 2017, 10:03:24 AM
For some reason I had this circuit on my mind recently...probably a product of my deep-ish dive down the MkIII/IV rabbit hole. Are these PCBs going to be in the Grind store like Jason's others are?

I don't think so, but that's up to Jason.

verr76

Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

Tremster

Well done, as always.

Quote from: juansolo on September 27, 2017, 11:21:42 AM
Quote from: Bret608 on September 27, 2017, 10:03:24 AM

I don't think so, but that's up to Jason.

http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Pitbull_-_Highly_tweakable_Silicon_Tone_Bender/p847124_14235416.aspx
http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Pitbull_-_highly_tweakable_silicon_tone_bender/p847124_14235420.aspx
Maybe?

juansolo

Possibly.  I haven't compared the schems, but the fact it's got girth (fat) and bias on there, and it's a silicon tonebender (the Scarab uses a Doug Hammond Hot Silicon as it's base), then it looks to be in the same area. Looks like it's just got a sag in there too for more glitchiness.

mrclean77

Uses recycled EVERYthing, build still looks better than everyone else  8)

Nice build (as always) and nice graphic

I'm not a super fan of what I call the "old"er fuzzes, but I did a vero build a while back and found it to be far more use-able (for me) and versatile than any other "old" fuzzes I've made in the past - would definitely recommend if you like that kinda thing

Andlord

That artwork is badass. Any chance you could link the artist?

juansolo

Had that one for so long now I've no idea. It's one I used on the pedal that was recycled, I just liked it so recycled that too.