News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Photobucket Fixes

Started by davent, October 01, 2017, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

At diystompboxes someone posted a link to a Firefox addon that allows the ransomed photobucket images to show in the threads once again. I use Chrome so did a search for a Chrome fix and found one that so far has worked on two of thee forums, this being one, that i've tried it on. I only know mine are there but can't be sure others are now showing corectly or they were never effected.
Cleared my cookies and junk before seeing if it would work.

Chrome fix i'm trying;  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

Firefox which i haven't tried;  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/

Anyone else have something to try either an addon or a link to one of your images that's been blocked in a thread.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

ShredderNemo

Thank you! You've helped me revive a long-dead thread with a TON of layouts. I have it bookmarked, and just recently noticed that all of the images were hosted on Photobucket.

The chrome extension works flawlessly after clearing your image cache!

davent

Very glad it helped, so much stuff to be recovered.

I've tried three other forums besides here and had one fail but when the action took place back in June my photos hung around on that site for a few days after they went missing everywhere else. They have something else going on there.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

lars

This is great! It's so incredibly greedy and short-sited for photobucket to have inflicted this on the Internet. I can understand they need to make money, but it should have only affected photos that were uploaded since the change, not ones that have been online for years, when it was free. So many broken links!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

brianq41369

Thanks for those!!! Photobucket has consistently made bad decisions over the years & this one trumped them all!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone soon, a lot of their competitors have consistently made their platforms easier to use & navigate, I totally understand the money thing but you don't have to take our images for ransom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Willybomb

The firefox one works, just tried it.  Thanks heaps.

Boba7

The Chrome one works really well, thanks a lot for the tip!!

davent

Good to hear!

The Chrome fix has worked for me on three of four forums i've looked at so far.
dave