News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Q-Vibe not pulsing anymore

Started by Jamiroking, October 01, 2017, 10:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

Hey guys,

I had to reopen the QVibe that I built a while ago to replace a burnt out LED it was working completely fine unboxed and even when I boxed it up but all of a sudden the lamp no longer pulses. I unboxed it again and its still the same.

The main thing I can think of is while I was boxing it, I overtightened the speed knob, shorting it against the led bezel. Is it possible that I fried something on the board that would result in LFO not oscillating?

I haven't been building in a long time and when I did, I never had to probe for voltages so I don't really even know where to begin. It doesn't help that this wasn't the cleanest build in the world :/

Thanks guys for any help you have.

Jamiroking

update:It looks like I also might have hooked it up to a 12v power supply during the time it was shorting if that helps thinking about possibly damaged components. :-[

Jamiroking

For those other newbies that might be experiencing the same issue, it looks like I ended up toasting one or both of the transistors on the board. I bought two new ones and my build is back up and running like normal. Since I hooked it up to 12v, the charge pump ended up pushing 24v through board.

Lesson: DO NOT HOOKUP THE QVIBE TO 12v.