News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombii (AKA Fuzz Lightyear)

Started by Jamiroking, July 09, 2010, 08:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

I don't know if I spent more time building it or thinking of a way to fit it all in a 1590 but here is my zombii. I know, it would have been easier if I made it horizontal and a LOT easier if I didn't want to put a battery in there. Honestly, I never use batteries either but It just seemed like a matter of pride. In fact, I learned the hard way how much harder it is to cram everything in with solid core wire and had to replace about half the wires since they just kept breaking and fighting me. I'll be waiting for the time when I need only my fuzz pedal and can just pop it off the board and it'll all be worth it. I've decided to call it the Fuzz Lightyear and have a design laid out (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=226.0) but am sorta stuck until I can figure out how to underprint my decal paper or something. I ordered the "blem" enclosures from pedal parts plus. Its a free paint job but it seems to chip pretty easy but I figure I'd just mess them up eventually anyways.

madbean

I like that configuration, myself. I don't like the horizontal zVex style so much.

For dressing it up, I think it would look super cool to get some white paint, put it on a brush and start flicking it on the enclosure, Jackson Pollock-style  :)

Then again, 'Fuzz Lightyear' is a killer name for a pedal!

Jamiroking

UPDATE:

This is the last of the three original pedals that I refinished and I have to say that I think this is definitely one of my favorites. I've had the design done for a while but ran into trouble since the clear decals really need a white background to look right.

So I spray painted it blue, masked the sides, and then painted it white. What a pain to get back in the enclosure though!

nzCdog

Whooah!  Thanks MTV for pimping my 1590B!
Thats awesome! 8)

sgmezei

Dude! I love it. What a great name. And the finish looks awesome, I wouldn't worry about a thing.

eldanko

Hahahaha -

I am LITERALLY putting the finishing touches on a pedal with the same name!!!  I was adding it to my "Pixar" series....  killer graphics man!!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Jamiroking

Thanks guys! This is one I'm so happy with I feel like I want to frame it instead of play it!
Quote from: eldanko on November 17, 2011, 05:57:20 AM
Hahahaha -

I am LITERALLY putting the finishing touches on a pedal with the same name!!!  I was adding it to my "Pixar" series....  killer graphics man!!

Sorry to steal your thunder man. I'm sure yours will be killer though. I really like all the other pedals in your pixar series. I think your Wall-e even made my girlfriend excited even though she doesn't even know what pedals do.