News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Discontinued double layer boards

Started by Jamiroking, October 03, 2017, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else in the forums but I couldn't find it.

I know Haberdasher is making the single-sided boards for discontinued products but unfortunately I'm really interested in building a Moodring and that PCB has multiple layers.

It looks like I could order a small batch of boards here
https://www.pcbway.com/?ngaw=33&campaignid=793796577&adgroupid=44014088391&feeditemid=&targetid=aud-292348526782:kwd-18635313&loc_physical_ms=9004067&matchtype=p&network=g&device=c&devicemodel=&creative=196555801627&keyword=pcb%20prototype&placement=&target=&adposition=1t1&gclid=CjwKCAjw6szOBRAFEiwAwzixBfrQdxS9Pj1Mq0Siu-E-f11gRj9gJmp_v9lnPPQlRIRlrrLMwtEArBoCgMYQAvD_BwE

I was wondering if Brian has any materials for this kind of thing (eagle files, etc) or if it's up to us to reproduce the pcb layout if we wanted to handle it on our own. OR if it's frowned upon in general.

I've never used Eagle before but I'm just looking for a way to get the Moodring! Not trying to rip off Brian's awesome work. I just want his sweet, sweet reverb :)

diablochris6

Bean doesn't share the Eagle files. If you were ambitious, you could technically use the schematic and create your own layout, but I would just wait for the Superring or find another neat reverb with predelay *cough* Tesseract Reverb *cough*.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

zombiesonore

I have one board on my desk BUT I was in discussion with another member to sell it to him. We PM'd but he never reply to my offer and it's been almost 3 weeks I think.
I will sell it to you if he doesn't answer to my last message by the end of the week.

Jamiroking

Quote from: diablochris6 on October 03, 2017, 12:21:27 PM
... I would just wait for the Superring or find another neat reverb with predelay *cough* Tesseract Reverb *cough*.

I didn't know about the tesseract but it sounds really awesome. I would have waited for the Supering but I just don't have the real estate on my pedal board for the 1590BB those would take unfortunately.

I may split the difference and try my hand at laying out the board and order a Ping to tide me over.

Quote from: zombiesonore on October 03, 2017, 12:30:39 PM
We PM'd but he never reply to my offer and it's been almost 3 weeks I think.
I will sell it to you if he doesn't answer to my last message by the end of the week.

Thanks a lot Zombiesonore! Obviously they get first dibs

wgc

Someone else might have one stashed away too- I'd start another thread with the pcb you're looking for and "wanted" in the title.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

z.glass

Quote from: Jamiroking on October 03, 2017, 12:04:18 PM
... that PCB has multiple layers.
somebody told me PCBWay save on prepreg that impacts heavily on the performance of 5+ layers PCB - not sure is it true, just a rumour...

matmosphere

There is a buy/sell/trade thread in the Member's Only area of the forum. Start a post over there and see if someone has an extra.