News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tom Petty died today

Started by culturejam, October 02, 2017, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I definitely saw headlines saying he had died. But of course now they are all edited.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

Really blown away by this one.  Never got the chance to see him live.  Was always a Mike Campbell fan and consider "Breakdown" to be one of those sleeper "killer" solo's.  I worked so hard to get those notes right at the end.  RIP Tom and thanks for all the great tunes.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bret608

The confusion that came after the original report was a little disconcerting. But this morning it is all true unfortunately. Hard to believe they did three sold-out stadium shows to wrap up the 40th anniversary tour just last week! Looking back now, from about 6th grade on (1984-ish), Tom Petty was one of the few artists I always liked and listened to no matter what other music I was into at the time.

peAk

Kind of surprised he died. I know he wasn't super young or anything but it's not like 66 is extremely old. I know he was a pot smoker but I never thought he did other drugs.

Be curious if anything comes out about this.

mjcyates

Very sad. Tom Petty has always been one of my favorites.

atreidesheir

Full Moon Fever still resonates strongly to me.  Simple licks. Cowboy chords and brilliance sprinkled liberally.

Great quick read
Tom Petty Was Perhaps Rock's Greatest Writer of First Lines
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/10/02/tom_petty_was_rock_s_best_writer_of_opening_lines.html
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman