News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Angel Chorus – Not working after encase

Started by ongon, July 13, 2017, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ongon

After I had some time, here's another update:

I asked a colleague for some help. He plugged it to an oscilloscope: Even without an instrument it was possible to see the difference between working effect (waves etc.) and broken (clean, almost strait line). Unfortunately there was no obvious reason for the problem. Also cleaned the board and checked the IC's.

The effect works sometimes: After some replugs of the power supply it's maybe working, maybe not. And vice versa: If it's not working it works sometimes after reconnecting the DC power some times.

At least it's not caused by the power supply unit, as I've tested it with a different one too.

Btw. what is the best way to use the audioprobe here?

ongon

Problem Solved

I read through many forums and I'm not the only person with that problem. But now my Angel Chorus is working!

I've heard that the seller has received new PT2399 as they are known as being problematic. With the last centralised buying I ordered some spare parts for my Angel. Switching the PT2399 finally worked and solved the problem. It looks like the new PT2399 get some QA as every pack is labelled. Two friends ordered the same Chorus and built it without that problem too (all those PT2399 included are labelled too).

It took quite a time but finally it's working. The chorus is boxed, painted, mounted and in use now! It sounds great. Thank you for all of your help and support!  :)