News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Red5 - dual channel BSIABII w/contour.

Started by Willybomb, October 12, 2017, 05:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.

Here's Red5, a BSIABII with contour and dual channels.  This is the enclosure previously known as  "Razorback".  As a drive it just wasn't doing it for me, but more importantly the clear coat on it was rubbish and kept flaking along the edges, even after a quick rough resand and respray with better stuff.

Gain A is a 250k pot as that's what I had lying around, and Gain B is the stock 500k.  Decided to just go with an on/off LED for the gain switch indicator.  Running A flat out isn't all that different to B flat out, but it adds another level of usefulness to the pedal when you drop the gain back.  I'm liking this one a lot.

I noticed that the Gain A/B and Standing By labels aren't aligned horizontally, dammit!  Wouldn't have minded the Gain labels lower either...

Leevibe

culturejam

That's a great idea and a really nice finish!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

diablochris6

Nice! I like the "Standing by" bypass switch. The X-wing graphic is well designed.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

That's so cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

QuoteThe X-wing graphic is well designed.

Thanks everyone.  I wish I could say I did the graphic, but I just lifted it from google...