News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Whine in bypass

Started by Adam_DIY, October 22, 2017, 01:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niketplos

So im having the same issue with the clock noise whine only when i run a longer wire to the switch its still there. Now my pots are not mounted to the board so there is a bit of wire connected the delay pot. Could that be the issue? i even took the output jack out of the case and took the ground for it off the board and grounded it separately but still there.

awaroa

Quote from: Niketplos on June 10, 2018, 05:45:52 AM
So im having the same issue with the clock noise whine only when i run a longer wire to the switch its still there. Now my pots are not mounted to the board so there is a bit of wire connected the delay pot. Could that be the issue? i even took the output jack out of the case and took the ground for it off the board and grounded it separately but still there.

I'm having the same issue and have taken the same approach as Niketplos, any suggestions as to what it could be?

awaroa

Quote from: awaroa on July 06, 2018, 07:10:44 PM
Quote from: Niketplos on June 10, 2018, 05:45:52 AM

I'm having the same issue and have taken the same approach as Niketplos, any suggestions as to what it could be?

I clipped the output from board to 3PDT and it fixed it!

atodovax

Hello. Sorry to bump this old threat but im having the same problem and the shielded cable from the jack to the switch didnt helped... Do you guys have any other clue to this problem? Pedal sounds great when ON and the whine stops when the pedal is on. But in bypass i cannot turn it off. Only with the trimpot in 1 the whine stops but at maximum delay i only get slapback time