News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Keeley 3pdt switches (are amazing)

Started by Boba7, October 24, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Hi everyone!

So I bought a Keeley 30ms and I love it, especially in stereo, where the magic really happens.

But the shock was when I opened it and saw the switch is a 3pdt. I was sure it was either a momentary or a dpdt.
It's EXTREMELY quiet compared to all the 3pdts I have ever seen in, in commercial pedals or in DIY projects. It's quieter than the various dpdt's I use for optical bypass. It's almost as silent as a soft switch!
I asked Keeley by email what brand they're using, but they didn't want to tell me, just said it took them some time to find the right ones. They are very friendly and answer quickly.

Do you guys have any idea what's the most quiet 3pdt on the market? I'm really blown away by the one Keeley use. Wonder if they put it in all their pedals.

Anyways, I thought you might find that interesting

:)

jubal81

Sounds like that snazzy DeMont switch. Bought one for $15 on Reverb a while back and replaced the China Blue in my Cali76.

Is this it?

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Boba7

I didn't know about Demont switches. But they're not the ones used by Keeley. Keeley's 3pdt dont have round lugs. I would have to take the pedal apart to take a picture, but I'm a bit reluctant to right now.  (a part me wants to make a DIY project that would sound like the keeley haha :D)

NFX

I've just received some China Blues today and I tell you now they are the quietest China ones ive had, maybe they are improving?
Newbury Effects