News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tesseract Reverb Problem.

Started by jambforthelamb, October 26, 2017, 06:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jambforthelamb

Hey All,
Got my Tesseract Reverb all done, and it's awesome! The only issue I'm having is that when I hit the tails switch to bypass I'm still getting some of the wet signal, but it does seem to be fainter. I implemented the pcb fix mentioned in the doc about connecting r27 to d1, and I believe I did it correctly. No major part substitutions that I can remember. Any thoughts on what I need to do? Here is a photo of the component side of the board.

Martan

Are you sure your footswitch is good? You could try desoldering the two "tails" wires from the switch. See if the wet sound disappears when they are not connected, then touch the two wires together and see if you get the wet signal back. If these work, your switch is probably bad

jambforthelamb

I tested the switch with a meter, and it seemed to be fine, but I'll try desoldering the wires and see if that makes a difference or not.
Thanks!
-Kevin

LaceSensor

without tracing the wiring I would note that perhaps there is a chance of cross talk or bleed - maybe worth cleaning up your wiring specially near the in and out jacks, or perhaps using some shielded cable if you have persistent issues.

diablochris6

I think part of it may be in the design of the circuit itself. If the feedback and depth knobs are maxed out, there might be some output signal bleeding into the feedback loop and getting amped up. I didn't notice it because I don't usually have the feedback, depth, and gain controls all on 10.

If we can't whittle it down to problems mentioned in the previous posts, maybe using a 3pdt for the bypass and connecting where the output of the last opamp meets the C23 100n on a row of lugs would effectively work at cutting the feedback signal in bypass.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jambforthelamb

Based on some testing it would appear that bleed thru is the problem. It is directly influenced by how high the depth knob is set. I may just have to live with it because this build is so tight that I'm stuck with the dpdt for the tails switch. I considered wiring the LED side of the dpdt to have ground on lug 2, and using one lug to light the LED when not in bypass, and wiring the other lug somewhere to ground out the part of the circuit that is running the input through all the reverby stuff, but I don't if that is a good/healthy option for the circuit. Thoughts?
Thanks!
-Kevin