News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider build

Started by thomasha, November 09, 2017, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasha

Just finished a lowrider build.
For this I used the 2015 schematic and made a layout to fit in a 1590b.
I guess it would fit on one board, but I made it with two separated boards to save some space.
It's a nice effect, the octave up works as a nice fuzz too.
I just used some trimmers for the fuzz and tone and set them during the testing stage.
The art is an etch with the black background to give some nice contrast.
Cheers, Thomas

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

alanp

Now THAT is some impressive crammage.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

Great artwork and a nice etch. Can't believe you could stuff that into a 1590b!

jimilee

Daaamnnnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

oip

what a great build!  i don't know how you've managed to pack it in that tight without shorts but it's crazy

also didn't know about this design, just reading through the build doc i have a foxrox octron so it's very interesting to compare.

that etch is god damn glorious

madbean

That is crazy. Excellent work.

Jmilla

m-Kresol

perfect build. I agree with the other, cramming that in a 1590B is impressve
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

EBK

I'm obviously a huge fan of this sort of build.  Nice work!  Very beautiful etch too!

One tiny bit of unsolicited advice though, if you don't mind.  Get yourself a cheap pair of flush cutters for trimming those pointy leads.  It helps a lot with tight builds to prevent shorts.  I use Xuron Micro-shear 170II, which I like.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

thomasha

Thanks for the tip!
it's really hard to cut right near the board, I tried sanding it once, but that was the worst idea.

I'm also looking for a solder iron with a fine tip, as the traces are really close to each other.

m-Kresol

I've recently got a new Knipex cutter (https://www.conrad.at/de/elektronik-u-feinmechanik-vornschneider-mit-facette-115-mm-knipex-64-42-115-852856.html) and it is amazing how bad my low-cost one was that I used up to now. I feel like I can cut anything with this and the arrangement of the cutting wedges is really comfortable for pcb work
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

EBK

Quote from: thomasha on November 10, 2017, 05:18:21 PM
Thanks for the tip!
it's really hard to cut right near the board, I tried sanding it once, but that was the worst idea.

I'm also looking for a solder iron with a fine tip, as the traces are really close to each other.
I bought a fine tip for my Hakko soldering station, thinking I would be able to use it for SMD work.  Had way too much trouble trying to get the tiny tip to heat things up enough for good soldering.  Switched back to my broader tip and learned to drag solder for narrow pitch stuff.  Just solder away, using tons of solder and bridging the hell out of everything in a refreshingly carefree manner without even bothering to lift the iron (you are literally dragging a liquid solder ball over everything like a boulder chasing an adventurous archiologist) , then use solder wick and perhaps some gravity to pull the excess solder away, leaving everything miraculously soldered perfectly.  It's as fun as it sounds.  ;)

Forgot to mention, put some flux on the places you want soldered first (again, no need to be really careful).
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

pickdropper

Man, I dig your aesthetic on that.

Very impressive way to fit it all in, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

Staggeringly impressive on every front. Wow.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair