News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Husky boy Verified working

Started by Dv8r601, November 20, 2017, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dv8r601

This Paul C design is priceless. I made a Vero from an ancient torchy layout that sorta worked. But this bad boy KILLS. Its about as good as a clean booster gets. I used a c10k for the gain pot and that was alotta help with dealing with gain spread. It sounded a bit too harsh with the j201 so I used Q1-2n5458 Q2-2n5485 Q3- 2n5458 and it sings glorious sweet sweet music. Thanks madbean this one is a definite keeper. I'm making a few more tonight to give to friends for Christmas. If that's cool

Thanks,
Robert

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

madbean

Cool, glad you like it! The Fat Bastard was maybe the 5th or 6th pedal I built way back when. I gave it to a buddy of mine but I should really build another one. One thing to try - the Orman Mosfet Boost and Fat Bastard in series sounds insane.

Dv8r601

Quote from: madbean on November 20, 2017, 02:54:04 PM
Cool, glad you like it! The Fat Bastard was maybe the 5th or 6th pedal I built way back when. I gave it to a buddy of mine but I should really build another one. One thing to try - the Orman Mosfet Boost and Fat Bastard in series sounds insane.
I have built like 4 of them since this post. I bought a ton of that black fr4 y'all recommended from abcfab, a quart of muriatic acid and some peroxide and I've been going a little mad with the etch/ drill/ populate/ play routine. But I was wondering if there's a way to maybe add more gain to this one by swapping out a resistor or 2. I love how it is a clean boost but I want to make it able to get downright dirty. I'll try a thunderpuss with it and see if that itches my scratch. Thanks Madbean

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk