News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deadringer vs Deadringer 2

Started by helos, November 29, 2017, 11:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helos

Hello everyone, sorry for asking something about a super well known subject... but I would like to understand why in the deadringer 1, C9 is 10nF and R13 is 47k, while in the deadringer 2, C9 is 4n7 and R12 is 22k... these two components are used to flatten the mids in both circuit... but is there any particular reason for the change of their values?

madbean

The DR2 was more my take on the circuit so I used the values I liked in that spot, IIRC. Most of the original trace schematics listed 47k/10n there, I believe.

helos

Understood.

I explain better my situation: I've already built a DR2 and I really like the mids scoop given by the 4n7 / 22k. Now I would need to build another one but with a Gain Boost footswitch, so I think that the DR1 could be perfect for this, but I want the mid scoop to sound just as the DR2... So should I use the same 4n7/22k of the DR2, or, because of C5/R7 (in the DR1), I should use the 10n/47k values?

furthermore: what is the purpose of C5/R7 in the DR1?? Couldn't I just connect the gain and boost pots in series?