News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yorkshire Cascadia, Yorkshire Pasty, Tom's Mini-multi

Started by juansolo, December 02, 2017, 07:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

We've actually made 4 pedals, but one is a present so no pics of that one until after xmas

We have here a Yorkshire Cascadia, Jason's (Jubal) awesome distortion. This time squeezed into a 1590BB. Next the Yorkshire Pasty, we looked and we actually made the PCB for this 10 months ago... It's taken a while to stick this in a box for some reason. It's kinda an Colorsound Overdriver/Powerboost with a Cornish-ish buffer on the front so it plays nice with other things. I'd totally forgotten how good this sounds!

Last but not least is Tom's mini-multi. Tighter than expected, it's got an Enchanter (Timmy-ish) and a Guvnor clone (Fuzzdog PCB).

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Aleph Null

The Cascadia is particularly handsome. The graphic looks like it could have come off a vote of small-batch whiskey.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LaceSensor

really great as usual. the washers on teh cascadia footswitch caught my eye, wierdly. Different type of footswitches?

juansolo

Nuts are from some Ampeg switches that we had to bin when we replaced them. Just happened to fit perfectly on the usual Alpha stomp.

m-Kresol

great builds. I have the pasty half populated from last years boty. time to finish that up!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

No idea why it took us so long to put it in a box. But after 10 months sat on the shelf and trying it now, I was genuinely surprised how good it sounds.

Bret608

Everything is awesome as usual! One question--what do you like for transistors in the CSOD circuit? I've had one populated for quite a while now, so I figure why not prolong it a bit longer to ask someone who's actually built a few of these.

juansolo

We built it so long ago I can't remember. I'll PM Cleggy (pedal is over at his) and find out. Looks to be a pair of BC109 and something else...

EDIT: "Theres a pair of bc109Cs followed by a 2n5088 in Q4, dont know why, but it has had a BC109C before as the spare pad has solder in it. We've always used 3 BC109Cs on a straight CSOD"

Bret608

Thanks! I will give those a try. May try bc549c for comparison's sake while I'm at it.

Love the look of that Cascadia. Jason's artwork really does have that craft microbrew feel to it!

jubal81

Interestingly enough, I was looking at el-component the other day and saw that the BC549C is supposed to be the low-noise version of the BC109C.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bret608

I believe you are correct! Haberdasher mentioned that to me a while back as well. At any rate, that's why I'm thinking of giving them a try in the CSOD circuit.