Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blues lessons from Johnny winter

Started by jimilee, December 06, 2017, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

That dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

He certainly has left his mark in the guitar players world.  Used to listen to him when he was popular back in my younger days.  He has some sweet hands and fingers and can make a guitar just sing.  Wish I had a fingernail of his talent.

movinginslomo

Had the pleasure of seeing him twice in the years before he died. Woulda been a third with his brother edgar at the Lobster Festival, but he passed away. Rare Earth, Vanilla Fudge, Edgar winter. Me and my bro did get to meet Carmine appice and my brother got to tell him chapter two of his double bass book kicked his ass. lol he chuckled

TNblueshawk

Quote from: movinginslomo on December 08, 2017, 12:36:46 PM
Had the pleasure of seeing him twice in the years before he died. Woulda been a third with his brother edgar at the Lobster Festival, but he passed away. Rare Earth, Vanilla Fudge, Edgar winter. Me and my bro did get to meet Carmine appice and my brother got to tell him chapter two of his double bass book kicked his ass. lol he chuckled

Is Rare Earth still out there getting it done? I put on a CD of theirs a few week back which I hadn't done in quite some time. Any original dudes left in the band?

Johnny Winter was just insane how good he was.
John

movinginslomo

Quote from: TNblueshawk on December 11, 2017, 09:17:09 AM
Quote from: movinginslomo on December 08, 2017, 12:36:46 PM

Is Rare Earth still out there getting it done? I put on a CD of theirs a few week back which I hadn't done in quite some time. Any original dudes left in the band?

Johnny Winter was just insane how good he was.

It was Peter Rivera, but apparently Rare Earth is still around without him. (had to hit the WIKI)