News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Source for a 500kC pot with a wah gear?

Started by drezdn, December 12, 2017, 08:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezdn

There's a phaser pcb I'd like to mount in a wah treadle, but I can't find a 500kC pot with a gear. Does anyone know where I can get one, or how to add the appropriate gear to a regular 16mm pot?

davent

There are push on wah gears for splined or 'D" 1/4" shafts. Maybe with a nice industrial strength PEC pot.

http://www.smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/racks-and-pinions-1/

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Govmnt_Lacky

Your harder task is going to be finding a 500KC pot that will "fit" in a wah shell  :-\

sjaustin

When I did this same thing (but with a vibe), I went with the Dunlop ECB024A Hot Potz Cry Baby Potentiometer – 470k. It's not quite 500k, but it was as close as I could get. I believe it's a log (A) taper, but you can wire it backwards.

ETA: I bought mine on Amazon.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: sjaustin on December 12, 2017, 11:20:40 AM
When I did this same thing (but with a vibe), I went with the Dunlop ECB024A Hot Potz Cry Baby Potentiometer – 470k. It's not quite 500k, but it was as close as I could get. I believe it's a log (A) taper, but you can wire it backwards.

ETA: I bought mine on Amazon.

I'm pretty sure all of the Hot Potz II tapers are (B) Linear. Maybe you can use resistors to get the curve you need though.

sjaustin

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 12, 2017, 11:40:53 AMI'm pretty sure all of the Hot Potz II tapers are (B) Linear. Maybe you can use resistors to get the curve you need though.

Small Bear has them with a more detailed description, including that it is an audio taper.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: sjaustin on December 12, 2017, 11:47:43 AM
Small Bear has them with a more detailed description, including that it is an audio taper.

Missed that one. I don't surf SB website very often though...