News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cable From my guitar to my pedalboard

Started by Guitafuzz, December 12, 2017, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitafuzz

Hello guys can recomend me a good cable to run my guitar into my pedalboard and after to my amp.

jimilee

What is your application, home or are you gigging regularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

Buy some stranded coax cable and make your own! I've also had good experiences with Planet Waves stuff. Hosa and GLS also make serviceable cables, though maybe not as heavy duty as some of the Planet Waves stuff.

Guitafuzz

sonnyboy27

I'd say any cable without molded ends. I want to be able to fix my cables if need be. Moster are good if you want the warranty and just about every store carries them. But if you just want a solid cable that's gonna last then check out sinasoid.com. They have a 100 year guarantee on all their cables and they're super well built.

jimilee

Quote from: Guitafuzz on December 12, 2017, 03:19:24 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 12, 2017, 02:46:27 PM
What is your application, home or are you gigging regularly?

Gigs
Whirlwind cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brucer

Buy bulk instrument cable, jacks and heat shrink from Redco and DIY.  You'll save a bundle.

BrianS

Quote from: brucer on December 12, 2017, 05:13:53 PM
Buy bulk instrument cable, jacks and heat shrink from Redco and DIY.  You'll save a bundle.

+1 on this one.  I use a Neutrik NP2X and a NP2RX jack  and Canare GS-6 cable for mine.  Performance Audio out of Utah has free shipping on all orders now, the jacks are about the same price at other places I buy from but the cable is .83 a foot which is .10 less.  If you're going to buy commercial I would go with Whrilwinds also.  But IMHO if you can solder a PCB you can make a cable that will be just as good as anything you can buy.