News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Year / New Beginnings

Started by flanagan0718, December 19, 2017, 07:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

BrianS

That's awesome.  Hope it all works well and it's your dream job. 

culturejam

Glad to hear things are looking up! For 2018, I hope everything will be coming up Millhouse for you. :)

Quote from: tone seeker on December 19, 2017, 11:24:13 AM
Oh!, and I bought one of the PRS Sweetwater guitars as well.  I'm still a little on the fence about the pickups,

Me, too! I'm really enjoying it. More than some guitars that cost a lot more, actually. Same feelings on the pickups, but I may be coming around. This guitar does have the treble bleed cap that some of the pricier PRS guitars have, and it's a nice film cap. But I replaced it with a polystyrene just for kicks. :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

culturejam

Things on the job front are changing for me as well in 2018. I was recently transitioned from Proposal Manager to Marketing Manager, and that's a huge change for me. I have no formal education in marketing, although I have worked in marketing departments for several years and sort of picked up the mindset through osmosis. So I've spent the last month reading books, blogs, watching videos, and pursuing certifications. Just finished up the Hubspot Inbound Marketing cert, and now I've set my sights on Google Academy for Analytics and AdWords certs.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

brianq41369

Good luck to you, I've been in your situation more than once. sometimes starting over could be nerve racking,but you gotta do what's best for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lubdar

Best of luck!!! this sounds like a good transition, quality of life is very important!
:)   
(--c^.^)--c

drolo

Great to hear that, congrats Mike !

Bad jobs can suck the life out of you ....
All the best for your now adventure ;)

matmosphere

change can be scary, but sometimes you've just got to do it. Good for you for not waiting until things got worse.

And honestly I'm having a hard time coming up with a negative for getting into the gear industry.

Govmnt_Lacky

Good Luck in your new endeavor. I am certain you will succeed! Just in my dealings with you on this forum you seem like the type of person who is a hard charger!

Tremster

Good news! Good luck on the new job. I was so happy when I left my last sh*tty job and started a better one, and so will you be.