News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yellow Shark

Started by jkokura, July 11, 2010, 05:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

This one is SWEEEE-EAT! I really like the mellow, darkish tone of this thing. It could easily find a place beside my Timmy clone... I relabelled the knob titles to something appropriate to a Bee.

And the Guts.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

nice decal work, what's your process with the decals?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

I like the graphics a lot. I have a tendency to put a lot of cartoons on my builds, too :)

jkokura

Thanks guys, it's not that great of a pic, but it does the job I guess.

Funny thing about the cartoon - I just search for Bee cartoons on Google images and found this one... Used a vector program that traced the image and voila!

The process for my decals is to create the art work - I use a mac and so I used inkscape for this one. Then I went to a local sign shop that I have print me a batch of decals to use on my pedals. I get 6-8 at a time to make it worth the cost of printing. They use clear vinyl to print on, it's like a big clear sticker, and they use foils for printing. It's pretty cool actually. The neat thing is that they can print as many colours as they have foils for, but I've only ever used white or black - and that's neat because not many printers can print white. They also use a computerized cutting machine to cut them all out for me.

So back in the man-cave I spray a light coating of water with a hint of baby shampoo onto the enclosure (pre drilled and finished, cleaned with rubbing alcohol) and the sticky side of the decal. Then I lay it on and slide it around till it's in the right spot. I use a squeegee or small scraper to press the water out, and paper towel to dry it all up. Let it sit for a while to truly dry and adhere to the encolsure. Then it's clear coating time!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Haberdasher

That's pretty cool, Jacob.  Good work!
If you don't mind me asking, how much does set you back to get 6-8 decals made at your local print shop?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

Between 30 and 50 bucks. That is Canadian. It pays formthe setup and printing and materials. All the graphic work I do.
JMK PCBs *New Website*

cleanclang

That's beautiful. My next build, too. Can't wait. ;D ;D ;D

Fastocker

Excellent job!  I finished mine just recently and really like it . . . except I'd love to be able to tweak a bit more gain out of it --- Anyone have any suggestions?  I know it's a touch sensitive low gainer but mine doesn't quite seem to have as much gain as some of the vids I've watched on YouTube.  Plenty of volume on tap and the nature control works well, though.

Here's mine:

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

jkokura

I like that Pedal Enclosures enclosure...

I felt like I was working for the department of redundancy department for a second there.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

pauloman80

Quote from: jkokura on July 31, 2010, 11:41:59 PM
I like that Pedal Enclosures enclosure...

I felt like I was working for the department of redundancy department for a second there.

Jacob

HAH! 

Definitely a great enclosure!  Where'd you find that, Fastocker?
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

jkokura

JMK PCBs *New Website*

pauloman80

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

pedalenclosures

nice finish on that pedalenclosures pedal enclosure!  
really nice build!
mike

jkokura

Quote from: pedalenclosures on August 03, 2010, 04:23:32 PM
really nice build!
mike

Look at Pedalenclosures making comments about the finish on pedal enclosures from pedalenclosures in a forum designed to show off people's finished pedal enclosures. Cool.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

cleanclang

Quote from: jkokura on August 06, 2010, 08:23:40 PM
Quote from: pedalenclosures on August 03, 2010, 04:23:32 PM
really nice build!
mike

Look at Pedalenclosures making comments about the finish on pedal enclosures from pedalenclosures in a forum designed to show off people's finished pedal enclosures. Cool.

Jacob

Where was that pedal enclosure from again?  ;D