News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

rangemaster

Started by dwstanford, September 16, 2011, 06:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwstanford

Here's my latest rangemaster using the fabbed board.  This pedal freakin' rocks!  It uses a single cv7003 transistor (OC44-alike).  

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Build notes:
-My current favorite method of decoration:  Black Sharpie
-I went a little crazy with the hot glue on the led.
-My one regret with this pedal is that i didn't make room for a battery.  The rangemaster sounds quite different when powered with a carbon battery and is what would have been used to power original rangemasters.  i have a battery clip fashioned with a 2.1mm plug that i can use when i want battery power though, so no worries.
-If you like sixties and seventies british tones i.e. Brian May, Richie Blackmore, Rory Gallagher, Early Clapton, Marc Bolan, etc., you should have one of these pedals. 

bigmufffuzzwizz

Such a great layout! Its just about perfect! I must say you did a great job on the inside.
Your last point really gets to me. I have the bluesbreakers running all through my head right now. Can't forget to add Tony Iommi to that wonderful list of musicians who's sound incorporates this device pushing their beastly amps over the top!! Roll the bass off and turn the treble all the way up!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

dwstanford

Yeah, how could i forget Tony Iommi?  He had a RM tone that could cut glass.  I shouldnt say "had," he still does.  While i'm at it, i also forgot pete townshend, jimmy page, billy gibbons, george harrison, jimi hendrix, and jeff beck who are all less synonymous with the RM, but have used it to great effect as well.

nzCdog

A Sharpie pedal! Nice layout there, I like the axial electros, they always have the mojo...
I lol'd at your 'gooping'... hopefully you've done enough to keep it safe from those pedal hax0rs ;)

On my pedal board I have a HBE 'Germania': slightly modded RM with NOS tranny etc... absolutely the most treasured pedal on my board.