News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multi-pedal / All-in-One question...

Started by greysun, January 03, 2018, 02:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=8131.0

Here's Pickdropper's 3in1 1590BB. Unfortunately, the photographs have been photobucketed :(
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

Quote from: alanp on January 04, 2018, 05:38:05 AM
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=8131.0

Here's Pickdropper's 3in1 1590BB. Unfortunately, the photographs have been photobucketed :(

My photobucket fixer mod lets me see them... but for some reason my preferred image host isn't letting me upload them. That is really frustrating.

greysun

I can't see pickdropper's pedal, but good to read the posts on this stuff to see where people may hiccup.

I have a crazy idea, and I either need to be talked off the ledge, or pushed onto it! I like the idea of a delay, tremolo and distortion. The problem comes back to the age old debate: trem before or after distortion? delay before or after distortion?

I, personally, like tremolo before distortion, and delay after (maybe the other way around - can't remember without looking at my board - ANYWAY...)

I came up with an idea using a 6PDT rotary switch where in position one, the audio signal is INPUT > DISTORTION > DELAY > OUTPUT (tremolo is off), and in position 2, it's INPUT > TREMOLO > DISTORTION > OUTPUT (delay is off).

This way, distortion is always available, my preferred order of operations is always upheld, the switching is still true bypass, all the LEDs still work AND I only need 2 footswitches so I can have a tap tempo for the tremolo. Here's a hastily made diagram (sorry if they're too big) - I know it's crazy, but please help me figure out if it can be done!

Timko

In my Up/Down Muff, I added a switch to change the order of the Octave Up and Muff, which proved awesome.  I think it would be crazy complicated to do to re-arrange 3 effects, but something like that could be done for 2 of your circuits.

Willybomb

Use a switch to change the order of trem before/after dirt so you never have to have it turned off.

fair.child

Will the two 1590B Bean boards fit 1590BB? I am thinking to build 2x 1.95"x1.95" boards with 1590BB.