News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smallbear Customer Service

Started by JC103, January 15, 2018, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC103

Hi folks, just curious if any of you know whether or not Steve has employees that are handling the emails at Smallbear, or does he do this himself? I'm not terribly upset at the moment as I know mistakes happen from time to time (this thread is not an angry rant), I'm just trying to determine what the next step would be to have a shipping error resolved is... as it's dragging on a bit. I'm not sure whether I've been communicating with Steve or an employee. Thoughts?

madbean

I don't think Steve handles day to day CS emails in general.

culturejam

I suspect at this point the first line of contact is an employee.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

sjaustin

Agreed with above. My CS inquiries have always been signed by someone else. (And have always had quick, positive results FWIW.)

BrianS

Not sure what's going on with you but I received the wrong Pot in my last order, emailed them Wednesday night, had a return email apologizing for the mistake and a tracking number with the right Pot Thursday morning.  As with the others I don't think Steve does the email reading.  This was the first time out of about 20+ orders that I've ever had a problem. 

JC103

I'm an international customer from Canada. Not that far away but... the postage price says it all. They completely sent the wrong components on an order, wasn't a big deal as the project was on the back-burner already. It seems like my emails were also on the back-burner, however, the squeaky wheel gets the grease! All is well and the issue is resolved. First problem in about 2 years ordering from them. I've re-read the emails and it does seem like the customer service folks sign off with their initials. I never noticed that before. Everybody seems to have assumed that everyone else had taken care of the issue by just speed reading the email exchange, and here I thought that I had been communicating with just one person. Patience prevails.

BrianS

👍. Glad everything worked out right.  To tell you the truth I think your email got lost in the shuffle.  There's been a few posts on here about Smallbear service but Intl postage cost comes up a little more frequent.