News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Can you modulate a Deathclaw?

Started by blearyeyes, January 13, 2018, 04:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

I am thinking about putting two deathclaw boards into a multi and hopefully modulating them. Preferably with two different LFOs...
What am I thinking? 

Will the AQB Mod board work?
Is there anything that Brian / Bean sells that might work?

I have not been giving Brian much money lately and it always makes me feel better when I do. 8-)

lrgaraujo

Even though I have never built the Deathclaw, I am pretty sure you could add the modulation. However I think that a modulation board designed specifically for a PT2399 delay (like the one from 1776effects) would work better.
Another point worth noting is that pin 1 of the Time pot in the Deathclaw goes to +5V instead of going to Ground, so you would have to make a minor modification to your modulation board.

blearyeyes

Maybe I should build an Aqua Boy w/Modulation instead of messing with these.
Ya Think?

lrgaraujo

I guess it depends on the flavor of delay you are looking for.
Shouldn't be too hard to modify the aquaboy mod board to suit the deathclaw (probably easier than building and calibrating a BBD delay)

madbean

You should be able to do optical modulation on the Delay pot of the DK. Something like the ABQ_MOD but modified so that the photocell goes across the pot rather than to ground (you would not be able to easily modify the actual ABQMOD board to do this since it connects to 5v as lrgaraujo mentioned).

lrgaraujo

If Brian allows me to, I can design such a board for you in Eagle and you can etch it

blearyeyes

When modifying the board to accommodate the pot @ 5v instead of ground, would I have to take both + and - out of the photocell to go across the pot instead or just the one wire that is coming out of the say the 1776 board?

Sorry I'm confused..

blearyeyes

Quote from: lrgaraujo on January 15, 2018, 10:01:41 AM
If Brian allows me to, I can design such a board for you in Eagle and you can etch it

You know I have never etched anything BUT I have all of the needed supplies, FR4, Chemical, Blue Whatever it is paper, Tinning solution and a good Laser Printer... Maybe this is what will get me to push through to etching as I wanted to try it and I want to try etching faceplates as well sooo...lrgaraujo,

If Brian is down with it
I would love for you to do that!
I'll PM you and Brian.

lrgaraujo

Hi Daniel, I've answered your PM but I'm not sure I get the hang of the messages in this forum.
In case you didn't get the message, board is ready. Just waiting on the OK from Brian

madbean

Of course...you don't need my permission to do such a thing. I'm happy to see anyone create etchable layouts of projects or modifications. All this stuff is for you guys anyway!

lrgaraujo

Quote from: madbean on January 17, 2018, 06:50:42 AM
Of course...you don't need my permission to do such a thing. I'm happy to see anyone create etchable layouts of projects or modifications. All this stuff is for you guys anyway!

Thanks Brian! And thank you for the wonderful job!

The layout should be ok, but it's not verified.
Except for the modulation pads, that should be wired across the time pot, everything else should be the same as in the original build doc.

You might have to play with the depth pot to get a more usable range in a PT 2399 delay

Cheers