News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to fit a pot into box instead of resistor

Started by Luckycatespresso, January 18, 2018, 06:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luckycatespresso

Hey guys,

Want to switch out a resistor for a potentiometer in my distortion plus. There is barely any room, what is the solution? It seems like the easy way to go is to get a mini pot and put it in there, but I would like it to be external so I can add a knob and adjust. Will I need a new enclosure? What is the process?

HamSandwich

Have any pictures? Could you fit it on the side or top of the enclosure?

Alternatively, use a trimmer and one of the little trimmer turners shaft things like on some of zvex pedals. I can't recall the name, but you basically install the trimmer inside, white a hole drilled on top, then this little shaft fits in through the hole and mounts into the trimmer + shape. Hopefully there's someone out there that has a source for these, and prove that I haven't totally lost my mind/this exists.

Fabei

Quote from: HamSandwich on January 18, 2018, 06:43:57 AM
Have any pictures? Could you fit it on the side or top of the enclosure?

Alternatively, use a trimmer and one of the little trimmer turners shaft things like on some of zvex pedals. I can't recall the name, but you basically install the trimmer inside, white a hole drilled on top, then this little shaft fits in through the hole and mounts into the trimmer + shape. Hopefully there's someone out there that has a source for these, and prove that I haven't totally lost my mind/this exists.

They should be the ACP trimmers with their axle, like these:
https://www.musikding.de/CA9V_1

Luckycatespresso

thanks guys! I do not have a photo but the info was helpful