News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slambox....HOYA Booster

Started by masterlk, September 18, 2011, 07:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterlk

Hey guys - This is my third Madbean build. It was a failed etch job...otherwise known as my "road worn" series. I left it in the solution to long and ruined the enclosure. After changing my mind several times on painting it and countless re-sands...this is the final product. It's all jacked up but anyway. The light border on the bottom was a last minute thought. Not perfect but looks kind of cool. The text on the pedal is supposed to say Encore Effects HOYA(hard on your amp) Booster. This is a cool circuit...I like it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

jkokura

Great job anyway! It's frustrating when things don't go quite right, but it works with your guitar, right?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

masterlk

Thanks Jacob, it is a bit frustrating but you are right it sounds the same either way!

nzCdog

Dang that looks awesome! Nice etching man

raulduke

I think it looks cool personally  :)

Good work mate!

keysandguitars

I think that enclosure looks sweet, ragged and beat. It gives of a HOYA vibe.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

masterlk

Thanks guys! I'll try harder next time!

bigmufffuzzwizz

I wouldn't call that a failed etch, it looks awesome! Rugged and worn is a great look at least to me.
I think HOYA describes this pedal best, even though it does sound so good and sparkly.

Did you put an LED inside so the whole thing glows? That's the impression I'm getting
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rullywowr

I like the etch - it has character!  The plexiglass led bottom plate is bitchin too.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

masterlk

Thanks! Yeah, that's basically it. I didn't file down the bottom lid though, I just turned it over. The 1590A is tough because I only had room for the LED on one side really so the light doesn't light up the entire bottom like it should. Here's the tutorial that I used.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 21, 2011, 01:09:55 AM
I wouldn't call that a failed etch, it looks awesome! Rugged and worn is a great look at least to me.
I think HOYA describes this pedal best, even though it does sound so good and sparkly.

Did you put an LED inside so the whole thing glows? That's the impression I'm getting