News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any suggestions for a fuzz match with the Ego Driver?

Started by BRGPollen, September 19, 2011, 11:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

Does anyone have a suggestion for my next project?  

I recently finished an Aristocrat build and love the idea of two pedals in one case.  (Professor Bean, I can't wait for the "nano series" pcb's!) I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Ego Driver overdrive, so naturally as soon as they come in I'm going to pick one of these up.  I've seen a lot of drive/boost pedals, but I like to switch between two different sounds and leave my Fat boost for it's job.  Recently I built the "Late 60's version of the Fuzz Face" from GGG.  The germanium fuzz is cool, but am still looking for that "Rolling Stone's Satisfaction" kind of sound.

I would like to control Fuzz and Level of course.  However, I think it would be nice to have some kind of tone shaping options as well.  The GGG has 2, bias and contour.  This rules out the Sprout and the 1 knob fuzz pedals.

I should mention that I'm still a noob at this.  The Aristocrat was only my third pedal.  I can say that I'm hooked and interested in learning how to put these things together from scratch, rather that "paint by number!"  I have no problem bread-boarding a pcb to test variables of values in a circuit, but I'm a long way off from etching or designing a circut.  Any suggestions about hacking into a pcb would require a whole lot of patience.  I appreciate any help in advance and look forward to the next step in catching up with the rest of you.   :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb