News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalpcb.com demos ?

Started by Yahoo67, January 24, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yahoo67

I cant seem to find any pedalpcb.com fv-1 Demos on the web :/
As anyone build one on this forum ? Do they sound any good ?

fair.child

Yes, it sounded awesome. Plus, Rob is a great guy when you are stuck or get any issue with the build. I will try to make a quick demo this weekend for my finished Glimmer. It's a definitely a go-to pedal for the post-rock style/worship music.

Yahoo67

Cool :) i just ordered a fv1 chip, Organ donor pcb and a phaser 2  pcb just to get the free shipping :D
Really curious how diy digital pedals sound ^^ hope that he makes more. Weird how some of the layouts of fv1 chip pcb are identical... all that must be different is the program on the rom chip. NEED a digital synth pedal !!

bsoncini

Just noticed he is coming out with a multi effect. Curious about this one. http://www.pedalpcb.com/product/octagon/

dan.schumaker

The Organ Donor does sound awesome, very comparable to the EQD organizer

Philthy

Quote from: fair.child on January 24, 2018, 01:24:01 PM
I will try to make a quick demo this weekend for my finished Glimmer. It's a definitely a go-to pedal for the post-rock style/worship music.

Yes please

fair.child

Quote from: bsoncini on January 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
Just noticed he is coming out with a multi effect. Curious about this one. http://www.pedalpcb.com/product/octagon/

Wow, tempted to build one actually

madbean

I'd kinda like to build the Organ Donor, but I've noticed that the schematic/build notes still haven't been released. So, I dunno.

matmosphere

Wha, somehow I've never watched a demo of the organizer?! It sounds fantastic. I'd like to see the documentation as well. This one might stave off my need to finally pick an EHX 9 series pedal up.

somnif

Interesting. Wouldn't be difficult to turn that 8 effect pedal into a 15 effect pedal, would just need to wire a switch onto the ground side of that 10k resistor under the EEPROM.

somnif

I also just realized how many of their PCBs are identical save for the EEPROM they come with. Fascinating. Makes sense I suppose, why bother designing a new board if its the same architecture.

fair.child

Quote from: somnif on January 24, 2018, 06:13:48 PM
Interesting. Wouldn't be difficult to turn that 8 effect pedal into a 15 effect pedal, would just need to wire a switch onto the ground side of that 10k resistor under the EEPROM.

Just emailed Rob and he said it uses the 100k linear pot to change between the presets. I asked him whether there is a way to trick switching nicely between the presets. Perhaps, 8 poles rotary switch.

somnif

Quote from: fair.child on January 24, 2018, 11:24:40 PM
Just emailed Rob and he said it uses the 100k linear pot to change between the presets. I asked him whether there is a way to trick switching nicely between the presets. Perhaps, 8 poles rotary switch.

Yeah he has a little microprocessor on the board that will play the role of the 3 toggles the FV-1 is designed around (the ATINY85 chip). So like, 0-12.5k = (0-0-0), 12.5-25k = (1-0-0), 25-37.5k = (0-1-0), etc etc etc. (I mean the resulting voltage from those resistances, but same diff)

In theory you could set up the same deal with a rotary and resistors in series. It would be a bit of a pain to fit in the box though, not a lot of room in a 125 to spare.

What I meant about the 15 effect thing was, the way he has it set up is it will use 8 effects from the outboard EEPROM chip. BUT, the FV-1 also has 7 (plus one blank) effects built into it. If pin 13 sees a 3.3V signal, it uses the stuff on the chip. No 3.3V, it uses the onboard stuff. To do this, you wire a switch on that 10k resistor under the eeprom, flipped up the juice flows to the FV-1, flipped down it goes to ground.

This would give you all 8 effects on the EEPROM, plus the 7 defaults. Super simple.

Also, because he was nice enough to use a through-hole design for the EEPROM, all you need is to socket it and you could swap out effects for the price of a new chip. All manner of fun patches out there to play with, or design your own.

somnif

(Ah screw it, I just bought the octagon and a chip. Ramen for a week it shall be!)

Pentadecagon, here I come!

fair.child

Quote from: somnif on January 24, 2018, 11:54:20 PM
(Ah screw it, I just bought the octagon and a chip. Ramen for a week it shall be!)

Pentadecagon, here I come!

Wow, that was escalated quickly.