News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

If you've had a really good run of successful builds lately...

Started by JabboWookie, January 28, 2018, 09:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JabboWookie

...and you think your enclosure drilling game is ON POINT...try a VFE build!

I am so glad I don't do this for a living, I have a feeling my margins would end up in the trash bin.

Aentons

JabboWookie

Got one! Plus a decent drill press. Measured 10x, punched and drilled once. I'm not a CNC machine, I'm bound to not be perfect. Not much room for error with this thing.

gordo

I've just used the build doc drill guide.  Make sure you're printing to scale and exact.  Spend a bit of time aligning the template.  Tape it down and use a small bit to drill center holes.  Drill to specified hole size and you're gold.  Tricky part is getting the template taped down but visual is close enough.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

JabboWookie

Quote from: gordo on January 28, 2018, 04:07:41 PM
I've just used the build doc drill guide.  Make sure you're printing to scale and exact.  Spend a bit of time aligning the template.  Tape it down and use a small bit to drill center holes.  Drill to specified hole size and you're gold.  Tricky part is getting the template taped down but visual is close enough.

It was just a general observation guys. Build was successful.

alanp

One good thing about synths, I can be lazy and make someone with a factory full of precision machinery CNC drill and mill panels for me. With these new aluminium PCBs, I can even have aluminium panels done this way, not just FR4 front panels!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

Quote from: alanp on January 28, 2018, 07:25:58 PM
One good thing about synths, I can be lazy and make someone with a factory full of precision machinery CNC drill and mill panels for me. With these new aluminium PCBs, I can even have aluminium panels done this way, not just FR4 front panels!

Thank goodness for a rat tailed reamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reddesert

Quote from: blearyeyes on January 28, 2018, 09:00:19 PM
rat tailed reamer.

If Madbean doesn't name a pedal "Rat Tailed Reamer" in 2018, I'm quitting this board and going into business selling Monte Allums-style mods for cheap Chinese SMT pedals.

fair.child

somnif

Seems like a good name for an Expandora. Take a Rat, boost the gain floor, then put the gain control on an envelope follower and go nuts.