News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ram's Head Big Muff Pie

Started by stringsthings, January 31, 2018, 12:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

Probably the first stompbox I was ever introduced to was the BMP.  A good buddy bought one and recommended it.
So, I splurged and bouoght the BMP Deluxe.  ( which is the op-amp version and a really nasty compressor )
Since my ear and my playing were just getting off the ground, I used it all the time and got very familiar with the tone.

Many years later, now in the days of the net, I discovered that peeps like ourselves were going back, tracking these circuits,
and bringing them to life.  So I did my homework and discovered the many variations of the circuit.

The etch on the enclosure didn't turn out exactly as planned, but I went with it

Here's a recent build:  Ram's Head with 5088's ( that I need to solder into the sockets )

Etcher's Paradise board ( shout-out to the Bean-man )

The enclosure didn't turn out as planned, but I went with it and just sanded off the edges.
I'm pleased with it.  It certainly isn't a clean etch ... but hey, we can't all be dudes like Dminner.

And here's a bonus pic of the happy cat manager photo-bombing the gut shot photoshoot.

All You Need Is Love

mjg

I think happy cat manager is micro-managing your photo shoot there. :)

Good looking pedal though!

lrgaraujo

That's a beautiful etch and clean guts! I like it a lot!!

mcasemo

BrianS

Nice. I think the etch looks fine.