News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Haunting Mids Overhype

Started by Adam_DIY, January 30, 2018, 12:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

I decided to rebuild my first ever pedal I was originally just going to redo the wiring but it was pretty noisy and the 3pdt was borked so I just pulled the guts and gave it a complete overhaul.  It's a Son of Clay Jones on a tagboard effects layout which I added the extra clipping options from the landgraff.  I'm really digging this now it sounds pretty sweet.

This is how it originally looked I was super pleased with this back in Aug 2015

I don't actually have a gutshot for this I think I was too excited to get it working and just shoved all the wires in wherever I could get them to fit

And after

I had to move the dc socket because I put the extra clipping in and didn't have as much clearance as I thought I did.  I'll grab a 12mm rubber bung/gasket from a hardware store to fill the hole

gordo

Pretty huge step up over the past few years.  Nicely done!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

Those are some mad clean vero skills.
All You Need Is Love

selfdestroyer

Great job! I love seeing things like this. Its crazy what we all pick up over the years doing this DIY stuff...

Cody

Adam_DIY

Thanks chaps I'll be honest I surprised myself when I found that original photo on my pc and realised I started in august 2015 I hadn't realised I'd been building for that long.

All props to the guys on here though this forum is where I've learned everything it's a very helpful noob friendly place with some scarily knowledgable people on it.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 31, 2018, 01:14:28 PM
Great job! I love seeing things like this. Its crazy what we all pick up over the years doing this DIY stuff...

Cody

Totally agree.  The photo editing and envirotex skills I picked up here came in handy for some LOTR style Elven Christmas ornaments me and the Mrs gave out to family and friends a while ago.