Main Menu

Tremulus Lune - Intermodulator Tremolo

Started by rullywowr, September 20, 2011, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Quote from: k.rock! on September 21, 2011, 03:24:37 PM
So you guys work for Sennheiser then?
shhhh!   ;D Yes.

When I am building pedals in the 'lab' I have visions of opening up a custom shop where I build pedals much like "American Chopper"...aka each one has a theme or a brand in mind.  These would be the most awesome gifts for those in the music industry (well for everyone that doesn't work for pedal manufacturers lol).

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Jargo

Could you find out what kind of tool I need to open up a MD421??  I'd be a happier man!

Thanks

rullywowr

Quote from: Jargo on September 21, 2011, 05:09:14 PM
Could you find out what kind of tool I need to open up a MD421??  I'd be a happier man!

Thanks

While this is a little OT, you are talking to the right man!  You just need a phillips screwdriver and maybe a small knife or flat head screwdriver.  The trick is to remove the serial number plate (the phillips screw is under there).  Remove that screw and the bass roll off assembly will come right out.  Inside the housing is a larger phillips screw - remove that and the entire chassis will slide apart.

Jargo

While this is a little OT, you are talking to the right man!  You just need a phillips screwdriver and maybe a small knife or flat head screwdriver.  The trick is to remove the serial number plate (the phillips screw is under there).  Remove that screw and the bass roll off assembly will come right out.  Inside the housing is a larger phillips screw - remove that and the entire chassis will slide apart.

Thanks so much...all this time and I neglected to look in there!!  If you need anything, please ask!

keysandguitars

Thanks for the compliments!  Actually, this is the Tonepad layout for the tremulus lune however I did do all the mods on the page which I listed below.  The blinking LED(s) are simply done by connecting a LED to the LFO.  If you look on the Tonepad layout, at the far left of the board (traces down) - you will see two pads in the middle near the edge of the layout(one square one round).  They don't call it out but this is where you place your LED for rate blinking.

I did all these mods except for the 330pF

In the Audio path:
Change the two 47k resistors to 220k.
Change trimpot to a 10k, you may want to use a panel mounted pot for easier adjustment instead.
Add a 330pF capacitor across opamp pins 6 and 7.

In the LFO:
Change 100ohm resistor to 2k7.
Change the 100uF cap to a 10uF.

I also did the symmetry mod and ditched the "FINE" control.  Although it's not a requirement, I like having the volume control on the front panel for adjusting especially when you use a full depth setting.  

Rully, or anyone that's completed this build with the symmetry mod, could you please confirm if my drawing is correct for the symmetry mod? I bought the PCB from tonepad and completed the other mods you listed above. I'm just questioning if I've removed the fine pot correctly. I hope to wire it and test tonight. TIA, Brandon

I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

rullywowr

I think it looks pretty good although you may have the wires backwards for speed and sym as they connect to the board.  I can take a look later if you are still stumped.  Let me know how you make out!

keysandguitars

Thanks for taking a look at it. Thanks for the head's up on the LED pads, that made that snap.

I wired it up according to my diagram and the LED's rate of blinking was not affected by the speed knob, so yeah, I probably have it backwards. I wired it up normally and no sound  :(. The LED is pulsing with the speed knob. I don't get signal after the first 220k resistor. The two PCBs I bought from tonepad have been a PITA to work with. It's debug time after work tonight! I might end up etching a board and starting over.

Thanks again.

rullywowr

Not a problem, glad to help.  What's the issue with the Tonepad boards...just curious.  I think may have an extra tremulus board that I etched myself around if you would like - have to check.  Let me know.

keysandguitars

Compared to Brian's and BYOC, the pads are very thin and just seem poorly made. I've had three pads come out while soldering and there is no way I overheated them, or they shouldn't have overheated and come out with 2 seconds of a clean iron on them. idk. I prefer Brian's.

I appreciate the offer on the board. I can etch one up. I'll keep trouble shooting first.

nimbleswitch

:o :o  Awesome build!  

Do you mind if I steal your owl eyes idea? Not because I have no creativity - I just dig owls and think it's a hella-cool effect.

The hand I shred with:

(just kidding)
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.

Flaconsius

Hi Guys.
Just wanna ask you if somebody has the schem or Layout of the 2 Switches and 6 o 7 Pots of this effect, please.
Thanks a lot.
Regards.