News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cascadia,Finally

Started by BrianS, January 30, 2018, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

This has been on going since Jason sent out the boards months ago. When I finally got it together I put the switch board upside down (Jason pointed that out when the thing wouldn't work).  Once fixed, it fired right up.  Then I decided I wanted to try a different color, ie, copper and that turned into a 4 time paint and repaint. If someone likes the color I do not recommend using the Rustoleum copper paint.  I found it to be a real PITA.  Then it took 4 decals to get it to this point.  I got so fed up with finishing it I just said the hell with it and pressed on.  Anyway, as others have reported this is an awesome pedal worthy to be placed on anyone's board. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk's

stringsthings

That's a really nice build.  I like the contrast of the knobs.
There's that subtle way you mounted the LEDs.  Matching black switch covers.
Minimal graphics and easy to read labels for the pots.  A little bit of name variety on the 3PDTs.

For me, those two knobs for Master and Gain really scream, "Use me, I've got good sound!"
I think my only personal niggle is the washers on the switches. 

overall score:  97/100  A+
All You Need Is Love

BrianS

Quote from: stringsthings on January 30, 2018, 08:31:15 PM
That's a really nice build.  I like the contrast of the knobs.
There's that subtle way you mounted the LEDs.  Matching black switch covers.
Minimal graphics and easy to read labels for the pots.  A little bit of name variety on the 3PDTs.

For me, those two knobs for Master and Gain really scream, "Use me, I've got good sound!"
I think my only personal niggle is the washers on the switches. 

overall score:  97/100  A+

Well I was going to use steel washer for the switches and I guess I didn't get the holes cleaned out enough because they caught the decal an lifted it a little and they wouldn't cover the spots.  Just one more thing with this thing lol.  And thanks for the compliments. 

jubal81

Looks great! Glad you finally got it finished.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Aleph Null

I don't know what your original vision was, but the finish looks good to me!

I too have sworn off Rustoleum products—wouldn't even paint my wheel barrow with it.

micromegas

It does look cool. Definitely worth the extra effort.

I haven't used Rustoleum (it wasn't available in Spain and haven't built a pedal since I moved to the UK...) but I always struggled with spray paints. Only way I managed to get some decent results was by layering really thin coats and letting them dry before applying the next one.

I yet have to build mine, the only demo I've heard (by mfunky) sounds wonderful.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

stringsthings

Quick tip on washers:  If you've put on a white washer and it's been on for some time,
it can leave a divot in a spray-paint job that a smaller washer won't hide.
Not sure about envirotex and other finishes.  As always, YMMV.
All You Need Is Love