News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini Timmy!

Started by fair.child, February 01, 2018, 06:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

Got the PCB from delyk for Mini Timmy. I added another 4148 for clipping mods. It is similar to catch22.

gordo

Cool enclosure and killer guitar for the win!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

fair.child

Since Bean mentioned the Blu-Tac on the 1590G build, I've been using them for 1590a build. I did slight miscalculated the drill template. The Volume pot is dead tight with the lumberg and they are touching each other. That is why there is BluTac on the output side.

mjg

Wow, I really like the swirl you've done this time.  Looks great.

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

fair.child

I gotta thank Dave/pickdropper for the inspiration and giving me a guidance for this build.

rockola

Looks great, sounds great. Very inspirational. How did you do the swirl?

BryGuy

Not usually a fan but the swirl here is really great. Good job.

daleykd

Dude, looks great and sounds great.  Trust me; I know how tight of a build this one is, but there's something rewarding about getting it in that 1590A!!

Thanks!
Kyle

jimilee

Dat guitar!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Boba7

fair.child

Quote from: rockola on February 01, 2018, 11:37:45 PM
Looks great, sounds great. Very inspirational. How did you do the swirl?

I got my mojo working on this.. ;D I did it with borax and testors enamel.

https://www.amazon.com/Testors-9146XT-Promotional-Enamel-Paint/dp/B00005C2KF

fair.child

Quote from: daleykd on February 02, 2018, 05:44:33 AM
Dude, looks great and sounds great.  Trust me; I know how tight of a build this one is, but there's something rewarding about getting it in that 1590A!!

Thanks!
Kyle

Thanks, Kyle! I do have couple suggestions here. You should try to modify the design with the toggle switch instead the DIP. I've figured out after comparing your schem with Catch22. Also, the drill template is missing on your build doc. You might want to put that as well for the future reference.

daleykd

Quote from: fair.child on February 02, 2018, 12:35:40 PM
Thanks, Kyle! I do have couple suggestions here. You should try to modify the design with the toggle switch instead the DIP. I've figured out after comparing your schem with Catch22. Also, the drill template is missing on your build doc. You might want to put that as well for the future reference.
Never intended for it to use a toggle, that's for sure, so I'm very pleased that you were able to get it to work that way.

As for the build doc, I'll try to add a link to madbean's Baby Board Build Guide.  I don't want to steal his credit when it comes to the perfect 1590A drill template.

Thanks!

fair.child

I can share you mine if that helps. A bit eyeballing though at the beginning.