News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pig Butt HELP PLEASE

Started by scotheath, February 01, 2018, 01:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotheath

got this thing all put together took my time soldering and making sure had good connections, went to test out and nothing, notta.
I have a little test rig with clips and a power supply that I've used a dozen times when building other pedals. removed the clip from the ground wire off PC and theres guitar sound but zero pedal effect, no volume change or tone  hooked back up no guitar just hum from amp. Checked voltage from both IC, nothing close to what is stated for the 4558, DMM on 20 DC V most all pins .70 and pin 8 was highest at 1.2v
checked all connections again  all looks good ??? gonna put together a probe tomorrow and go through but not sure what ill find with that
Anybody have any suggestions or thoughts ?

scotheath

Another thing. I connected an LED to the board and it doesn't come on, even though there is about 9 v on the positive leg, not sure what that means ? As
far as taking readings from the IC legs. I'm just grounding black to ground wire from board and using red Lead from meter to test legs. Is that correct ?

scotheath

Got it figured out with probe and DMM, had a 47 k instead of a 46 R resistor in R16 and R8

madbean

Excellent! Next time add a pic to your tech help thread. A second set of eyes can help quickly find these sorts of problems.